Complete protection for Nurse and Patient
- Prevention of needlestick injuries
- Allowing positive pressure
- No risk of contact with the body of the needle
- Protection up to discarding in sharps container
- Prevention of catheter-related bloodstream infection: pre-sealed needless connector BD Q-Syte™ on the main line
Nurse and Patient complete protection
Prevention of needlestick injury
- No rebound effect at the withdrawal of the needle
- No risk of contact with the body and the tip of the needle
- Total protection up to discarding in sharps container
Pre-sealed needless connector (BD Q-Syte™) on the main line
Positive pressure and catheter occlusion prevention
Thanks to its single-handed removal, PPS® Quick allows to perform positive pressure helping to reduce catheter occlusion.
Catheter occlusion is the most common complication in the long term use of implantable ports (up to 21.5% of catheters may be occluded).
|WITHDRAWAL of the needle|
|STEP 1 : Normal position for use (horizontal piston) before withdrawal||STEP 2 : Preparation : lift the piston from the horizontal position position to the vertical position (perpendicular to the patient skin) while holding the square base with 2 fingers.||
STEP 3 : Using your thumb, lower the piston to put it in contact with the skin, inject sterile normal saline with the other hand and simultaneously lift the extractor (with an upwards movement) until there is a CLIC corresponding to the total locking of the needle.
Prevention of catheter-related bloodstream infection (CRBI)
BD Q-Syte™ needless connector: maintains a sterile environment for the entire infusion line assembly
BD Q-Syte™ sealed on the main line
- Curved split-septum easy to disinfect
- Clear body (flushing control)
- Adequate for high flows: 525 mL/min
- Reduced air embolism risk (automatic closure after removal)
Visibility of puncture site
Access site provides excellent visibility of inflammation or exudation.
|Needle||Product code with closed system BD Q-Syte™|
|Gauge||Needle Ø (mm)||Needle Length (mm)||on the main line, without Y site||on Y site|
PPS Quick is packed in a box a 12 units.
Sterilization by Ethylene oxide.
*For pediatric use only.